We here at Autocado know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Autocado and its affiliates (collectively "Autocado") collect and process your personal information By using Autocado , you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Autocado Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Autocado . You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Autocado .
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Autocado , including information about your interaction with content available through Autocado. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Autocado and other content served by or on behalf of Autocado on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
For What Purposes Does Autocado Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and . We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and , process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and , and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Autocado . We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Autocado site .
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Autocado .
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Autocado via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Autocado, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our site and services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, recognize you as a member.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Autocado’s content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on Autocado sites and third-party sites.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
Autocado's cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Autocado's essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any Autocado products and services that require you to sign in.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The 'Help' feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Does Autocado Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information to others. We share customers' personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries Autocado, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you , products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through Autocado.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or , delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Autocado, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Autocado and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Autocado, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- We recommend using a unique password for your Autocado account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: Autocado may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services .
- Use of Third-Party Advertising : We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant Autocado ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, settings, and purchase history in the "My Garage" section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our customer service.
As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Autocado features .
- If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please adjust your customer communication preference in “ My Garage”
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account and blocking cookies on your browser..
- You will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data usage by updating your settings on the applicable Autocado website For most devices, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Are Children Allowed to Use Autocado ?
Autocado does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Autocado only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
California Consumer Privacy Act
These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act effective November 1, 2021.
- Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that Autocado collects, or has collected from consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which Autocado Service is used:
- identifiers such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- personal information, such as a credit card number;
- age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example if you create a child profile or baby registry;
- commercial information, such as purchases
- geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer;
- inference data, such as information about your purchase preferences.
- Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that Autocado disclosed to the third parties identified in the “Does Autocado Share Your Personal Information?” section of the policy about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which Autocado Service is used:
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address, for example if we use a third party carrier to deliver your order;
- personal information, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third party payment processor;
- your age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example if you choose to participate in a survey distributed by a survey provider;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, such as if we use a service provider to help us gather crash reports for analyzing the health of our services;
- geolocation data, such as providing a delivery partner the location of your vehicle in order to deliver a package if you use Autocado
- Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information: You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by Autocado, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Autocado customer service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
- No sale of personal information. In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, Autocado has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- No Discrimination. Autocado will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use Autocado , your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our conditions of use , including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Florida. If you have any concern about privacy at Autocado, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Conditions of Use
Last updated: November 1, 2021
Welcome to Autocado.com. Autocado LLC ("Autocado") provide website features and other products and services to you when you visit or shop at Autocado.com, use Autocado products or services, use Autocado applications for mobile, or use software provided by Autocado in connection with any of the foregoing (collectively, "Autocado"). By using the Autocado Services, you agree, on behalf of yourself and all members of your household and others who use any Service under your account, to the following conditions.
Please read these conditions carefully.
We offer a wide range of Autocado Services, and sometimes additional terms may apply. When you use an Autocado Service you also will be subject to the guidelines, terms and agreements applicable to that Autocado Service ("Service Terms"). If these Conditions of Use are inconsistent with the Service Terms, those Service Terms will control.
Please review our which also governs your use of Autocado Services, to understand our practices.
When you use Autocado Services, or send e-mails, text messages, and other communications from your desktop or mobile device to us, you may be communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically, such as e-mails, texts, mobile push notices, or notices and messages on this site or through the other Autocado Services, such as our Message Center, and you can retain copies of these communications for your records. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included in or made available through any Autocado Service, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software is the property of Autocado or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content included in or made available through any Autocado Service is the exclusive property of Autocado and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
Graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through any Autocado Service are trademarks or trade dress of Autocado in the U.S. and other countries. Autocado's trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Autocado's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Autocado. All other trademarks not owned by Autocado that appear in any Autocado Service are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Autocado.
LICENSE AND ACCESS
Subject to your compliance with these Conditions of Use and any Service Terms, and your payment of any applicable fees, Autocado or its content providers grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and make personal and non-commercial use of the Autocado Services. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of any Autocado Service, or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of any Autocado Service or its contents; any downloading, copying, or other use of account information for the benefit of any third party; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. All rights not expressly granted to you in these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms are reserved and retained by Autocado or its licensors, suppliers, publishers, rightsholders, or other content providers. No Autocado Service, nor any part of any Autocado Service, may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Autocado. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Autocado without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Autocado's name or trademarks without the express written consent of Autocado. You may not misuse the Autocado Services. You may use the Autocado Services only as permitted by law. The licenses granted by Autocado terminate if you do not comply with these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms.
You may need your own Autocado account to use certain Autocado Services and features, and you may be required to be logged in to the account and have a valid payment method associated with it. If there is a problem charging your selected payment method, we may charge any other valid payment method associated with your account. Visit “ My Garage “ to manage your payment options. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your account, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. If you are under 18, you may use the Autocado Services only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Autocado reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, terminate your rights to use Autocado Services, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS, AND OTHER CONTENT
You may post reviews, comments, photos, videos, and other content; send e-cards and other communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights (including publicity rights), or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam" or unsolicited commercial electronic messages. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. Autocado reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Autocado a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, perform, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Autocado and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Autocado for all claims resulting from content you supply. Autocado has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Autocado takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COMPLAINTS
Autocado respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your intellectual property rights are being infringed please contact our customer service.
RISK OF LOSS
All purchases of physical items from Autocado are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
RETURNS, REFUNDS AND TITLE
Autocado does not take title to returned items until the item arrives at our fulfillment center. At our discretion, a refund may be issued without requiring a return. In this situation, Autocado does not take title to the refunded item. For more information about our returns and refunds, please see our returns section.
Autocado attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, Autocado does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of any Autocado Service is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by Autocado itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
With respect to items sold by Autocado, we cannot confirm the price of an item until you order. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If the correct price of an item sold by Autocado is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
We generally do not charge your credit card until after your order has entered the shipping process.
SANCTIONS AND EXPORT POLICY
You may not use any Autocado Service if you are the subject of U.S. sanctions or of sanctions consistent with U.S. law imposed by the governments of the country where you are using Autocado Services. You must comply with all U.S. or other export and re-export restrictions that may apply to goods or services.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE AUTOCADO SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) AND OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE AUTOCADO SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY AUTOCADO ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. AUTOCADO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE AUTOCADO SERVICES, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE AUTOCADO SERVICES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE AUTOCADO SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, AUTOCADO DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AUTOCADO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE AUTOCADO SERVICES, INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE AUTOCADO SERVICES, AUTOCADO'S SERVERS OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS SENT FROM AUTOCADO ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, AUTOCADO WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF ANY AUTOCADO SERVICE, OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH ANY AUTOCADO SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING.
Any dispute or claim relating in any way to your use of any Autocado Service will be adjudicated in the state or Federal courts in Florida, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in these courts. We each waive any right to a jury trial.
By using any Autocado Service, you agree that applicable federal law, and the laws of the state of Florida, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Autocado.
SITE POLICIES, MODIFICATION, AND SEVERABILITY
Please review our other policies, posted on this site. These policies also govern your use of Autocado Services. We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, Service Terms, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Autocado
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or in our stores;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use Autocado ;
- provide information in your account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address or mobile number when shopping with us)
- upload your contacts;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with an Autocado device or service;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
- email addresses of your friends and other people;
- content of reviews and emails to us;
- images and videos collected or stored in connection with Autocado ;
- device log files and configurations, etc.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, email address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Autocado metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files such as the file name, dates, times and location of your images);
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create added value features.
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
- We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other ;
- information about your interactions with products and offered by our subsidiaries;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Autocado include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, and address book);
- payment settings
- email notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
- your content, devices, , and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences;
- content that you recently viewed;
- voice recordings associated with your account;
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile);